Production 2017-2018 project site
Interactive installation with performance
Dance and artificial intelligence
Video excerpts of the making of >> teaser
– Friday November 27, 2020, 6pm-12pm, European Night of Researchers, City od Space, Toulouse
– September 30, 2018, Entretiens de Royaumont, La Sorbonne Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (Institut Français)
– February 6, 2018, Pyramid of the Louvre, Paris (private Accenture evening)
– May 2018, exhibition « mutations/creations: coding the world », Georges Pompidou Center, Paris
– April 2018, Galerie of the Crous, Paris (personal exhibition by Thomas Guillemet)
– December 8-14, 2017, Groupe EDF Foundation , Paris
see photos further down the page
Dancer-performer Pauline Lavergne and Video artist-photographer Yoan Rihouay.
Automated analysis of movement qualities with EyesWeb: Casa Paganini-InfoMus Research Centre, DIBRIS, University of Genoa. EyesWeb patches developed by Stefano Piana.
“The body as the limit of coding”, is an interactive life-size installation where a numerical system tracks and analyses the minutest gesture of the body. Visitors go through an experience inside this laboratory of physical exploration which transcribes their movements visually and into sound in real time through a network of neurons created in collaboration with InfoMus*, and mediated choreographically by a performer. By bypassing the computer code through the invention of unconventional movement qualities, visitors can bring the system to “crash”. The machine then calculates and collects the participants’ movements in the form of a score of gestural “errors” visible in the installation as a mirror interpretation.
Concept & création: Clément Barbisan (programmer), Thomas Guillemet (artist and designer), Jean-Marc Matos (choreographer)
Team: Pauline Lavergne (dancer-performer), Yoan Rihouay (video film maker), Stefano Piana (computer engineer at the Research Center InfoMus Casa Paganini, Director Antonio Camurri, Genoa, Italy)
Partners: Pulsar The Open Art Prize, Fondation Groupe EDF, TechShop Paris/Ivry, DRAC Ile de France, The Contemporary Art Center of Auvers sur Oise, The Fondation de France, campus for startups Station F, Accenture
photos The Louvre: Jean-Marc Matos